As many businesses continue to chase a simple, seamless back office tech solution for ERP, it is surprising how often payment processing is overlooked and not prioritized. Efficiently processing payments is an integral piece of running any successful business. An unorganized payment processing system can lead to negative consequences such as late payments, jumbled payment and customer information, workplace confusion, etc.
Ascent Solutions, built on the Salesforce platform, manages all of your back office needs from inventory and order management to mobile warehouse management and more. Ascent allows you to gain global visibility into your inventory via traceability and accuracy in addition to streamlining the RMA process. We have a seamless integration with our partner, Kulturra, a payment processing system, also built on the SF platform. When utilizing Ascent and Kulturra, inventory and order management are streamlined and getting paid has never been simpler.
How Does Back Office Tech on Salesforce Work?
There are many use cases for back office tech on Salesforce to improve operations. Let's focus on a simple payment use case example:
1) An SO is created (it will need to have a contact set)
2) Once the order lines have been created and confirmed, a payment can be taken with the “Pay Now” button. (The order does not have to be packed, but can be)
3) Pay now defaults to the SO balance due but can be changed to any amount
4) If the Contact has a payment profile (tokenized credit card on file), it will default to that but another card can be added. The SF platform is PCI compliant.
5) Payment will process as a CC charge, the Kulturra Payment record will show on the SO page in the related list so you can see the payments
6) Ascent Cash Entry is created, for that Customer Account
7) Invoice is generated
8) "Pay" button is used by finance to apply the CE to the invoice
9) Invoice is generated with the zero balance or balance due in case of a partial payment
See how simple that back office workflow can be in the cloud? If you are looking for more back office tech solutions check out our native Salesforce applications on AppExchange.