Rental Custom Settings
Custom settings of importance when using Ascent Rental
- Use Not Counted Loc on Receive and Pack
This allows not counted in inventory locations, like rental locations, to be used to receive into and pack from on a sales order.
- Use Returns
This will allow the system to use Returns on rentals, in conjunction with the next custom setting
- Use Returns Instead of POs for Rentals
This will allow the system to use Returns on rentals, used in conjunction with the previous custom setting.
- Blank Out Account on SNT Receive
After a serialized item has been returned, the Customer Account designation will be blanked out on the serial number tracker record (SNT).
- Use Dated Item Reservations
The functionality gained by selecting this custom setting:
- Inventory gets a Date Out and Date In
- Reserve inventory for a certain date range
- Reserving inventory only happens on Sales (Rental) Order
- Dated ATP (Available to Promise) : Request if inventory will be available for a date range in the future and how much is available at that time based on the “Date Outs” and “Date Ins” for a specific item
- Rental Master Start Date
Entering a date here will fill in the Start Date on the Rental Master function.
- Rental Master End Date
Entering a date here will fill in the End Date on the Rental Master function.
- Don’t Calculate Return on Quote
If checked, then the return date will not be calculated on the quote.
- Hide Delivery/Return Date on Serial Inv
- Allow Pack from Customer Rental Location
Normally, you cannot pack material from a customer location. Activating this setting allows you to do so.
- Allow Return in Customer Rental Location
Normally, you cannot return material on a rental order to a customer location. Activating this setting allows you to do so.
- Loan Rental Orders get Zero Price
If your rental order has a purpose of Loan, then all lines will get a zero price.
- Order Return Date Add/Subtract Days
When calculating the return date, by putting a number here (positive or negative) you can add/subtract that number of days to arrive at the return date.
- Do Not Show QOH on QR Views
Activating this custom setting will inhibit display of quantity on hand on rental views.
- Use Venue on Pack Order
Venue Location is a field on the rental order header. If this custom setting is selected and you fill in this field on the sales order, then the location which the material will be transferred on Ascent to is a concatenation of the Venue Location and the account name. For example, if the Venue Location is Herbert Plant, and the account is Acme, the new location will be named Herbert Plant/Acme. Of course, in this instance, Herbert Plant will need to have been previously created as a valid rental location.